28 June 2009

Abnormal flowers

Recently I've noticed several abnormal forms of flowers.

Butterwort normally has only one flower on each stalk, but this one had two. The two stems are joined at the bottom right corner of the picture.

In April I found a Fritillary in our garden that had done the same thing.

Two weeks ago Fred bought me a bunch of flowers, but it was only after several days that I noticed this double-headed Gerbera among them.

Last Friday I was doing an orchid survey and discovered this Heath Spotted Orchid which appears to be opening its buds from the top of the spike downward - the opposite direction to the normal.

In the same field were several white Ragged Robins. This flower is normally pink.

For more abnormal plants we have found, see Botanical abnormalities

No comments:

Post a Comment